Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DESIGN WORKOUT...

Just thought I would share something this week that I have done for years. Not sure whether or not it is the best practice, but I can say it is challenging and fun.

Start by choosing a magazine that you feel is loaded with design stimulation, and visual impact. I like Source Magazine, Essence, Vogue, XXL Magazine. It's up to you. For the next five graphic design related assignments force yourself to use that magazine as your reference guide. No Google images, just this magazine. It's tough because you have to make the assignment work for your clients, but all influence, and inspiration must come from this one source, be it a logo, postcard, presentation you name it.

Try it. It is quite a design workout, but it helps you apply some new disciplines while pushing your creative parameters into unexplored avenues.

For some reason, the results are always outside of my design comfort zones. Mind you, I am not talking about copying design, I mean channeling visual influence. It's still your work and will still bare the integrity of your designing style, just within the lines of a foreign source.

If anyone tries this, let me know how it turns out.

Thank you for looking.

--
All the best,
JNESS
--------
JNESS GRAPHICS
Bigger Art Is Better!™
--------

No comments:

Post a Comment