Monday, April 18, 2011

Vacation Day by JNESS

It's time for the victory dance. Even though the drive of an artist is normally switched to the "create" position on the art machine, we often face several beasts of the trade such as procrastination, lack of inspiration, and burn out. This weekend I put on my armor and decided to do battle with the 'relax' breathing dragon called "my sofa".

There were great movies on the television all weekend, and I even yielded to watch Chef Sunny Anderson work her magic on a jumbo shrimp dish. But I kept fighting the good fight. Yes, rest is a necessary part of life, but not at the expense of loosing the farm. I put on one of those cable channels that just plays a giant playlist of 80's tunes and started to work. I completed a project that had somehow ended on the shelf and the deadline was rapidly approaching. I was happy with the results. I am waiting to hear back from the client. I also managed to get a sketch done. It's important to generate fresh content on a weekly basis. I know there are some faithful visitors looking for my artwork, I don't want to let them down. So without further fanfare here is my new sketch appropriately named... VACATION DAY

Sometimes you don't have to travel very far to get away. Every now and then a day to yourself when the cell phone is off, and emails go unanswered is all it takes to recalibrate. This curvy sketch displays such an event...

--------
JNESS GRAPHICS
Bigger Art Is Better!™
--------

No comments:

Post a Comment