Monday, April 25, 2011

Journey by JNESS

I would love to time myself and report how long it takes me to complete a sketch like this. I always appreciate those extra tidbits when I visit other artist's blogs and websites. Unfortunately I would have a hard time bringing you an accurate assessment. My workflow is convoluted with interruptions, occasional pauses to watch something on the Food Network or my daughter requesting a big hug or a snack. Autism waits for no man, or any drawing endeavors.

So for the sake of the argument I devoted an evening to this sketch. The Illustration Friday Challenge was "Journey" I immediately thought of a hiker in the whole outfit. Then I thought about the Laura Croft character from the Tomb Raider Game. So this week I sketched a plus sized ode to Laura. The traveller prepared for the JOURNEY. This illustration is done in alcohol based markers, and acrylic paint for highlights.


--------
JNESS GRAPHICS
Bigger Art Is Better!™
--------

No comments:

Post a Comment