Friday, April 20, 2012

Couple Fighting Ninjas - Taking on the World!

Long time no see. The bad part is that I haven't posted in a while. The good part is that I have a lot to post. I have a really fun project to share with you this week.


My new client wanted an illustration featuring her and her husband fighting ninjas "taking on the world". Usually I forget to save the creative steps of my projects, but I saved everything from the drafts to the finished piece. I pulled inspiration from various Elektra, Daredevil comic book art from the 90's. This is the result...
By the way - I have a new "Princess" Illustration in the works that I will be revealing very soon. Stay close lost of great things on the way.


These are the drafts, the client chose D



This one was not chosen. Strong effort though, I liked it.

Pencil sketch of the chosen draft.



The drawing after inking.






 




The digital color process begins.



The finished illustration, with the client's portrait in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment